Tips For Paris
PARIS PARIS PARIS Meech went to PARIS Bbbaabbbyyyyy!! Traveling alone had to be one of the best trips I've taken. My main purpose of going SOLO was to RELAX REGROUP & REFLECT. My followers told me I was crazy for going alone 🤷🏽♀️ but hey sometimes the best journey are the ones we embark on our own, so don't be afraid to pick up and go!! I promise you won't regret it. Whether your standing beneath the Eiffel Tower, Seeing the Mona Lisa at Lourve, shopping along side Champs-Elysees or even sitting outside a cafe sipping and people watching, Paris is an experience that every traveler should have!!
1. CURRENCY - Exchange your currency before you get there. I changed at Travelex at JFK Terminal 4.
2. METRO - I experienced the Paris metro system the RER which was a 3 min walk to my hotel. It took about 45 min to reach; for 12 euros you can’t beat that. I took the Roissy Bus going back to the airport. A taxi charge $60 from my hotel to CDG
3. HOTEL - Try finding a hotel in a central location. I stayed at the Renaissance Vendom. This hotel was either walking distance or about a 10 min drive from the attractions I wanted to visit.
4. SPA - Receiving my massage kicked off my trip. It was relaxing and gave me the energy to start my day.
5. MACAROONS - Try visiting a Tea Room to test out some Macaroons. I never had a macaroon until France I purchased some at Angelina’s. The next day I ate at a Tea Room Sebastien Gaudard. Tea rooms are very popular so you can probably find that and/or bakery on every block.
6. ATTRACTIONS - Of course when you think of Paris you think of Eiffel tower. Don’t let that be your sole purpose of your trip. There are so many beautiful iconic places to visit. Also purchase attraction tickets ahead of time.
7. RESTAURANTS - Check out restaurants/cafe outside of the popular spots. I came across restaurants just walking around. Which turned out good.
8. LOCAL - Whether you're with family, friends, significant other or alone; tour the streets, talk to the locals, that was one of the highlights of my trip.
9. SHOES - Make sure you wear comfortable shoes because you will be on your feet all day!!
10. SUNDAYS - Beware if you're there on a Sunday 😩 local/private stores, and restaurants might be closed. Due to cultural norms Parisians shouldn’t work on Sunday’s. I wish we had this rule back home. I didn’t know that and I was touring really late I got hungry but every restaurant/cafe kitchen had closed 😂 so my driver took me to get some fast food “QUIK” the McDonald’s of France.
11. OUTLETS - France use “type E” plugs. You must purchase and adaptor/convertor to be able to charge any electronics.
12. ESCARGOT - Don’t be afraid to try it. I’m very picky but it was really good 😋
13. TRIPOD - I purchased this tripod and it was my best friend, caught my best angles lol people thought I was lying when I said I was by myself.
14. LANGUAGE - Make an effort to speak the lingo.
15. SAFETY - Although I didn’t experience pick-pockets or crime I’ve heard about this from former travelers. Here are steps I took to ensure I came back with all my items. With that being said, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE beware of your surroundings, I cannot stress this enough.
I went to Paris with a list of places, restaurants and things to do. 😩 I only visited 2 places Du Lourve & Eiffel Tower. Everything else I deviated from and did my own thing which turned out to be the better then what I expected. Parisians are known to be rude; I didn't experience any. Everyone I interacted with was pleasant, helpful and fun!! I received a lot of compliments, especially on my hair. I got hit on by men and women 🤣 met awesome people that I joked, laugh, drank and hit the metro with. My experience was great. I will definitely be returning; this may become my second home😉
Check out my Instagram highlights for more of my experience Ventures X Meech.
Please guys LIKE SHARE and COMMENT!! Thank you for your support!